Friday, August 31, 2012

Walk On - The Pink Cupcakes

Team Pink Cupcakes and Grandma
My mom and aunt are such inspirational people. Just a few weeks ago, they walked in a walk to fight breast cancer. They walked 60 miles. That's a pretty great accomplishment if you ask me. 60 miles. To fight breast cancer. Not only that, but my grandma is a survivor of breast cancer. They were walking for her, and anyone else that had to go through or is being affected by this.

Cheering them on
It takes a lot of work to get prepared. You have to raise 2,300 dollars (per person) and then take lots of walks to make sure you're ready. 60 miles may sound easy, although it shouldn't sound easy because it isn't easy it's 60 miles, but it's not. Walking about 20 miles a day is tough. I didn't do it, but my mom and aunt did, so that means they're the amazing people, but it sure looked tough. 

After raising the money and getting prepared, my mom and my aunt and everyone went to the opening ceremonies. It was such a great and inspirational thing. You just got so inspired and I think it got the walkers really motivated to walk. Then the walkers went and began their walk and we got to cheer them on.
Walking to the Finish

As they were walking, you got to go to cheering stations and cheer the walkers on. We went to almost every cheering station, and every time I saw my mom and aunt I was so proud. 

60 miles. 3 days. Done.
My aunt ended up hurting her leg and couldn't walk on Day 3, the last 20 miles. We were super proud of her anyway because even just walking almost 50 miles is inspirational and amazing. They both finished the walk together and I could not be more proud of them. It was so amazing to see what the walkers accomplished. 

The closing ceremonies were amazing too, and it really inspired me to want to do the walk for my grandma, who beat breast cancer. I am so proud of my mom, my aunt, my grandma and all the walkers.

Go Pink Cupcakes!
Emily :)



1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you too! Very nice blog xo It was very emotional and I am so happy we were able to share the experience all together. Family is the best. Love you More,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete