Sunday, June 12, 2011

Goodbye, Elementary School.

So I wrote this little tid-bit about elementary school. Here it is: (PLEASE COMMENT):

Elementary School.

It’s what’s like the prologue to your whole life. What happened before. A sneak peak of what you are growing up to be. Because to be honest, no one can really and truly, see the future.

It’s also like a dream. Life gets harder and this is just the easy part. It’s like a welcome to the world. A greeting. Or maybe the first level of a video game. Even the first sprout of a flower seed. It’s just a part of life.

It’s a way to get to know yourself. A way to see if you’re a hard worker, a rebel slacker, or a straight-A goody-two-shoes.

But that’s not all. It’s like the key to the rest of your life. You can open any door you would like to choose, but once you choose the door is closed behind you and only you can go back and change the door and path if you’re lucky. You need to choose the right door. You’re door.

Elementary school is where you can go care free sometimes. You can go back and relax if you make a mistake and try again. Second chances. In real life, that’s not always the case. Don’t take this for granted.

Enjoy elementary school life. Because it’s the only elementary school you’ll get. Pretty soon you’ll be a boring adult all alone in the adult world, where of course you’ll have new exciting adventures.

Next year I’ll be in middle school. Part of me is super-duper excited, the other half would like to step back, take a breath, and stay in the elementary school dream forever.

I’ll make the right choices. Stay on the right track and make the best friends. I’ll prepare myself for high school and beyond! I’ll dream, I’ll wish, I’ll sing songs about it.

I will make the two years of middle school two of the best years of my life.

I will try to go makeup-free, drama-free, and boy-drama-free if at all possible. I have these things to go through in high school. Oh boy. I won’t say some of that stuff won’t occur, though.

I will live my life the way I choose to live it. I will ignore bullies and other people who try and make me sad or put me down. I will live life for what’s worth living.

Middle School.

It’s the next chapter of MY life.

Emily Jane Proctor
6th Grader Age Twelve
May 25th 2011

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Emily! I'm so so proud of you. I can't wait to see where you go from here! You are destined for wonderful things, my beautiful niece!! I love you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I wrote that when I was kind of sad about the end of the school year. They had be read it over the announcements at school and I was so nervous, but I kind of got my fifteen minutes of fame :)
    Love,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete