Saturday, March 3, 2012

Emily Writes!!

Doesn't this look different? This is still Emily's Entertainment, my wonderful readers, it just got a new name and big makeover!! Emily Writes is the newest Emily's Entertainment. I also want to apologize for not blogging in a while, but I've been busy!! Okay, so want to catch up?

While I wasn't blogging (listen to my AMAZING excuse) I was writing a book that is for sale on amazon and the creatspace estore. The experience was incredible and yesterday I actually spoke with two of my best friends, Juliet Metivier and Dominic Tomasi, at the Farmington 5-6 Campus. We talked to some fifth and sixth graders about being young authors and letting them know that writing a book isn't impossible.

What have I been doing? Hmm, I read the amazing book series, "The Hunger Games", which I HIGHLY recommend to everyone. Yes, they're incredibly sad books, yes they're brutal, but yes they are amazing. (And the movie comes out on my birthday) I also entered a writing contest to see the world premiere of the movie, which I'll find out if I've won soon!!

Okay, so if you want to know more about my book go to the facebook page for it "The Baseball Club for Girls" or go to amazon.com or ask me!! That's enough for one blog post...I don't know what to blog about next so comment and give me some suggestions, please!! Thanks readers!!


Emily :)

5 comments:

  1. What a thrill it was to be present to see you, Juliet and Dominic share your passion for all things writing to those students at Farmington 5-6. SO, so proud of ya'll!

    *Do you have a special or common place or time you like to write or do you write wherever and whenever you can?
    *Hand write versus sitting at a computer and unleash?
    *Background music or Sounds of Silence? Wait. You have three brothers (fat chance of that).
    *Do you ever read ALOUD what you write?

    Survivor "One World" Are you watching? If so, do you have a favorite player? I'm leaning toward Alicia (I THINK that's her name~Africa-American female high school teacher).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jojo, okay, to answer your questions :)...

      *I like to write whenever I can and wherever I can!! I write when have the most free time or am exploding with ideas.
      *I'd have to say computer. Sometimes if I have an idea and I'm not home, I write things down in my idea notebook, but I write my books on the computer.
      *Background Music!!
      *When I had to edit my book I read it aloud. I couldn't focus on the errors if I didn't!!

      I am watching Survivor "One World", I don't have a favorite yet, I need to keep watching to see!!
      Thanks for commenting,
      Emily :)

      Delete
    2. :) Free-time? What's that? Har! Har!
      :)If you haven't already, you should bookmark Pandora on your computer (something tells me you already have, though).
      :)So, do you have a Survivor favorite YET??

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are everywhere these days. Enjoying all of it. You keep surprising me with more knowledge & imagination.
    Love you more,
    Grandma xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Emily~ Saw this and had to send your way:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/hunger-games-movie-inspires-good-early-reviews-223152800.html

    ReplyDelete