Friday, October 21, 2011

Tigers, Lions, and the Rangers?

Over the past few months, I've been paying more attention to baseball. I learned to love the Detroit Tigers and was so excited to see them clinch the AL Central Division. I went to a bunch of games with my dad, almost a playoff game (but thanks to pneumonia, that didn't turn out so well.) It was so much fun and a great season. I only wish people could play baseball in the Winter too, but sadly they'd probably freeze.
  
The 2011 season could have been a FANTASTICAL season, if the Tigers had went on to win the World Series. I mean, it doesn't mean that they didn't have a great season, but they didn't win Game 6 of ALCS so Texas went on to win and in case you live in Michigan, are a Sports fan, and didn't see this game, you should know this so I wouldn't keep blabbing on about how dumb and pathetic that game was. (and Ranger fans, keep your mouths CLOSED)


Anyway, I figured since this Tiger playoff thing ended on such a bad note, we should pick up on the good things that game in this season, such as the second Justin Verlander No-Hitter in Toronto. Also the fact that we got Doug Fister (not David Pauly, puke). Now we finally have two GREAT starting pitchers and two ok-ish pitchers (Porcello, Scherzer) and then we can finally say bye-bye to Brad Penny (GOODBYE! FAREWELL! GO AWAY,NOW PLEASE!). Other than that, yes it would be a very great season. 

The not-so good moments include losing a lot of players towards the end of the season. Victor Martinez, Magglio Ordonez, Alex Avila, and Delmon Young all suffered lots of injuries in the middle-towards end of the playoffs, this making the game harder to win for us. Dear Rangers, SHUT YOUR MOUTHS (please).


The Rangers were probably a better team in the end, but seriously your talking about a team that NEVER won a World Series, I mean the (Brewers, Rays, etc.) have never won World Series before either, but still this team beat our butts and shouldn't have because we're better than that, but when you have a ZILLION guys on the disabled list, yeah, we're not going to win every single game. 


One thing is for sure though, we were AMAZING with our 12 or something game winning streak, I didn't see many other teams doing that. Not that they could, even the days when we weren't doing well, we came back. (see game v.s. White Sox 8-9 game, v.s. White Sox 6-5 game) This proved that we deserved to go to the Playoffs and even though we stank the last few games it's okay because there's always next year. Ranger, shut your mouths please.


This blog post title also mentions the Lions, who are 5-1. I'm not a football person, so you can't ask me about that, I'm so very sorry, but I'm more of a baseball person in case you couldn't tell. 


A HUGE thanks to all of you who voted for my Aunt Sarah's blog! She won Detroit's Most Valuable Blogger! Thank you!!

And I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in a while. I'll try to keep blogging, I get writer's block and then it's never good enough! Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Finally you have blogged, I was seriously getting worried there. Congrats on your aunts winning, she is epic. it's too bad teh Tigers didnt win. I was pulling my hair out watchign those games. Baseballs the only sport i really focus on (I get to hyper while watching hockey). Keep Blogging, be like me, blog about random thign people really don't care about LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is so great that I have blogged again. I've been wanting to blog about the Tigers, but just haven't. Now I have - Yippee! I love the Tigers and they have to win next year!

    Thanks so much for reading! Other people need to read too! Where are my readers?

    Emily

    ReplyDelete