Friday, April 1, 2011

Why Wicked is Better (and worse, but not really)

Welcome back to my blog. I probably DON'T need to say that at the beginning of every single blog post, but I don't really care.

The purpose of this blog post is to discuss my experience this past Wednesday on the sixth grade field trip. We had a tour of Detroit, (don't worry, we were on a bus) we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, and we went to the Fisher Theater to see Les Miserables.

The tour = Kind of Boring. 1 being the worst and 10 being the best I say the tour was a 4. There were large gaps between which the dude was speaking to us and we all had our own side conversations. I thought that the guy was kind of just talking about himself more than about Detroit. He kept saying how he went to Wayne State. And it wasn't just a random statement, he said it every five minutes. "Oh yeah, I went to Wayne State." or "I just finished at Wayne State." and "Wayne State is a very good college", which he didn't even have proof that was true. Am I right?

Hard Rock Cafe = Good, but bad. The food was alright. I got chicken tenders and fries. I ate the fries mostly. I liked the chicken a little, but it wasn't fabulous. I give Hard Rock an eight. It was fun, though. We had a great time there.

Les Miserables = Great! (to some of us) I give it a seven, because it was VERY hard to follow. Also, everyone was upset because of one (or two) inappropriate parts. I didn't actually mind, seeing as I can take these things. I won't get into detail, but some people are immature about things that REALLY happen. I liked it, though. Wicked was way better. It's actually coming back this December and I REALLY want to go see it REALLY! I saw it once, I would do ANYTHING to go see it again.

Mature and can handle Les Mis,
Emily :)

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa took me to see Les Miserables when I was about your age. I loved it but remember thinking it was a little hard to understand. I'm glad you were able to see it though.

    Maybe we can all take a family trip to see Wicked!! I would love to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would too! By the way, I am planning on copying your idea of a list of things about me. Sorry, I love the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete